If you run a local business or a larger regional or national organization that relies on sales and support from local neighborhoods, the United States Postal Service’s Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) might be just what you need to take your marketing to the next level. If you haven’t tried EDDM, you could be missing a tremendous asset in your mix.
EDDM is perfect for the following:
- Increasing awareness.
- Boosting traffic at retail locations.
- Promoting special offers or events.
- Delivering coupons.
- Driving new customer acquisition.
If you aren’t familiar with EDDM, it just might be the most cost-effective way to reach local customers using direct mail. It’s simple and does not require mailing permits, paperwork, or drop-offs at the Post Office.
To use EDDM, go to the USPS’s EDDM mapping tool, enter the desired ZIP Code(s), and select the carrier routes you want to mail to. If you’re going to mail to specific demographic audiences, such as by age, income, or household size, you can identify the best ZIP Codes to reach them.
So what are some things you need to know to take the most advantage of the program?
- EDDM addresses to LOCAL POSTAL CUSTOMER, so you won’t be able to personalize by name. Instead, design a great mailer to grab attention and gather more detailed customer data on the back end.
- Make sure that EDDM is a good fit for your marketing goals. Your offer is not going to be relevant to every household in your chosen ZIP Code(s), so make sure the products or services you are selling are relevant to enough of your audience for the promotion to make sense.
- Invest in the front end. Because you cannot personalize with EDDM, you’ll need to be creative. Use high-quality images. Write a compelling call to action. Tell a powerful story.
Every Door Direct Mail is an excellent tool for the right campaigns. Give us a call to see what it can do for you!